Fynbos Fair, Muizenberg
- 09 Oct 10:00 - 16:00
Friends of BCA will have a presence at the Fynbos Fair at Zandvlei, Muizenberg. Please pop in to say hello!
The aim of the Fair is to promote fynbos conservation organisations and artisans, and to give fynbos people a chance to network in a completely social (non-conference) space. There will be about 15 conservation stands (WESSA, UCT Future Water, Freshwater Research Centre, Fynbos LIFE, WLT, Ingcungcu, City, Friends, hacking groups, etc) and 20 artisans (ceramics, painting, honey, candles, fabric, food, drinks/mocktails, flower crowns etc).
Several talks will take place indoors:
· Loubie Rusch – fynbos food
· Stellenbosch University PhD student – fynbos medicine
· Caitlin von Witt – fynbos restoration/FynbosLIFE
· Jeremy Shelton – fynbos freshwater conservation
· Patrick Dowling (Chairman of WESSA), and Helena Atkinson (CEO of WESSA): 'The importance of promoting conservation action in the fynbos Biome'.
There will also be a film screening of Ghosts of Table Mountain, the new film on the Table Mountain ghost frog – and Jeremy Shelton will introduce it.